If you need to purchase stamps for your department, the quickest and most efficient way is to utilize your WashU procurement card. Our campus post office accepts credit and debit card purchases until 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Village post office on Snow Way near Big Bend. Your credit or debit purchase is directly payable to the US Postal Service, not Washington University.
The online ordering was developed before we had the option of accepting credit cards. If you still want to purchase “online”, see instructions below. However, we prefer that you use the WashU Procard whenever possible. It saves a lot of steps from creating the ID to waiting for approvals as well as eliminates delivery delays.
Also keep in mind, the purchase of stamps is not intended to replace the metering service for business mail, but we have found that many departments keep stamps in the office for last minute or special mailings (for instance holiday cards). For online orders, please follow the instructions below:
- Send an email request to email@example.com and copy Peggy_Smith@wustl.edu.
- Identify the quantity and postage denomination you want. Please specify if you want the “Forever Stamps” or other specific type please.
- Provide your department account number and fund number to bill.
- Mail Services (Vendor 0345) will create an ID and route to you for your approval.
- After the ID has been fully approved in AIS, the stamps and a copy of the ID will be sent to you through campus mail.
- Medical School departmental orders will be held in their appropriate receiving area for your “runner” to collect along with other packages and mail.