The WUSTL Marketplace is a web-based electronic requisition purchasing program.
Washington University has contracted with SciQuest, the leading provider of electronic procurement solutions for higher education, to develop this program to interface with our financial system. The Marketplace provides:
- A web-based requisitioning tool using online supplier catalogs and a “shopping cart” format.
- Ability for staff to submit fax or email requisitions to create and submit electronic requisitions.
- Ability to eliminate redundant requisition data entry and reduce associated errors with manual process.
- Ability to “punch out” to searchable supplier catalogs providing product details and contract pricing.
- Ability to shop and compare items within the hosted supplier catalogs.
- Ability to create “favorites” list for frequently ordered items.
- Order acknowledgement and status via emails.
- Order history information.
The program is customized to interface with the university’s financial system. Current business rules and budget controls will remain in place.
All purchase orders (PO) , telephone orders (TO) and new vendor requests must be originated in Marketplace.
Change orders, blanket orders and lease maintenance orders are still created in AIS.
- On the Shop page, click on the Non-catalog form.
- Click on “Supplier Search” below the Enter Supplier section to choose the correct supplier.
- Enter name of supplier and Marketplace will find all Supplier Name/Address.
- Locate supplier in list, and click “Select” at right.
- Complete the fields to create your requisition. The system will pull it into a cart.
- Proceed with your order.
Shopper – A person that may initiate an order by creating a shopping cart requisition, but typically does not access AIS to create purchase requisitions. (e.g., a lab researcher)
Reviewer – A person that approves a requisition, but typically does not access AIS to create purchase requisitions (e.g., Lab supervisor/PI). *NOTE: This is an optional function, as not all departments have this requirement.
Requisitioner – A person that historically entered the order in AIS. This person can also serve as a departmental shopper.
The document workflow looks different for Marketplace requisitions
- A user logs into the Marketplace and creates a shopping cart
- After creating the shopping cart, the purchase requisition (PR) routes either for an initial review or to the individual that finishes the PR with appropriate account codes, etc. Once the PR moves to AIS, no changes can be made to the document.
- The PR routes to AIS for additional approvals (department, general accounting, SPA, etc.).
- The PR routes to Purchasing for final approval. A supplier that receives “auto-approval” from Purchasing skips this step.
- The PO is created and is immediately transmitted to the supplier.
- The final PO information is then exported back to AIS.
- From Marketplace, click on “profile” link next to your name in upper left corner of page.
- Click on “email preferences” tab.
- Select “PO pending Workflow approval” by clicking the appropriate box.
- Click the “Save” button.
- Hosted catalogs are contained within Marketplace and can be used for a generic search when either the specific supplier is unknown or shopper wants to search and compare items from multiple sources.
- Punch-out catalogs link directly to WashU/Supplier specific sites and is used when the shopper knows which supplier to use to make purchase and wishes to use the extra functionality of the suppliers punch-out site.
- Level II Punch-out catalogs mean that many of the Supplier’s products will display when you conduct a general ‘everything’ search within Marketplace.
The Punch-out catalogs will offer every item that the supplier distributes while the hosted catalog is generally a sub-set of items most commonly ordered by the university.
Option 1: Make the pending PR your “active” cart
- Click on the “cart” tab.
- Click the “draft carts” tab.
- Select the cart you wish to use.
- Shop for the items needed and place them in your active cart.
Option 2: Place items in your existing active cart and then move them to a new cart
- From the drop-down box, select “add to draft cart or pending pr.”
- Click “Go.”
- Select which cart you wish to use.
- Click the “Add” button.
- Open the requisition.
- From the drop-down box, select “Withdraw entire requisition” and then “Go”. (If the PR has moved from Marketplace to AIS, this step will not be available to use.)
- If the PR is back in Marketplace with only Purchasing approval remaining, contact Purchasing to delete the PR.
- If the vendor has the completed PO, cancel the order directly with the Supplier.
Changes can be made to a Marketplace PR at anytime before it reaches AIS.
Should you have a question not covered here, please email us.