The Purchasing Department does not have a “bid list”. However, through the Supplier Diversity Initiative, the university actively seeks out MBE/WBE firms with whom we can achieve several major goals:
- Product /Service Quality – The products or services we acquire must be of optimal quality to match the university’s particular needs.
- Service – Suppliers with whom Washington University deals fulfill all necessary service requirements on a timely basis in the normal course of conducting business.
- Economic Value – The university strives to attain maximum economic value in all business transactions.
- Call us, write us or send us information about your company, its history, products and/or services. If your firm is a certified Minority Business Enterprise, let us know. Provide us with a copy of your certificate from the St. Louis Minority Business Council.
- Once we know who you are and what you sell, we’ll suggest a meeting should your products or services seem to be compatible with our needs. We’ll be happy to visit with you at your site, providing you an opportunity to teach us about your capabilities.
- During and after the initial meeting it is imperative that we maintain routine, open communication. Should we be interested in pursuing a contractual relationship with your firm, we will discuss with you the appropriate method for you to propose to us. We will share with you the timing of the proposal process, business parameters your proposal should address, and anticipated business any resulting contract may bring.
- Should your proposal result in a contract through a bid or negotiation process, Purchasing Services will work closely with your firm to launch the agreement to all appropriate potential university customers. We will discuss with you an array of creative methods that can be used to educate those customers about your products, all designed to promote contract growth by demonstrating the value of the contract.