The Furniture and Design team supports the campus community by helping departments create a working environment that is highly functional, cost-effective, and aesthetically pleasing.
Our team members keep up with the changing work environment by attending classes, seminars, and trade shows. We have also developed relationships with furniture manufacturers such as Steelcase, Knoll, Herman Miller, Hon, Haworth, Kimball, Teknion, Allsteel, and others to ensure that you will receive the best price available.
What We Do
- Reconfiguration of existing space
- Furniture selections, recommendations, and pricing for offices, conference rooms, etc.
- Interior Design services (i.e. color schemes, carpet selections, etc.)
- Help develop budgets for furniture purchases (small and large)
- Team up with architectural firms that are designing or renovating buildings for seamless project completion
- Ergonomic recommendations and solutions (seating, adjusting the height of desks, etc.)
- Furniture installation and repairs
- Warranty issues
- Manage Bids for small and large furniture projects
- Represent the university’s interest by managing projects for adherence to our business and design standards.
Furniture & Design will provide you with an Autocad drawing of your space, help with your furniture selection, and color scheme, obtain pricing, coordinate the installation of your furniture, and handle any problems that relate to the installation of your furniture.
All quotes include a 5% fee for services provided.
The Furniture & Design team looks forward to working with you on your next project.
Alternative Furniture & Design Vendors
Furniture & Design will manage smaller projects through local dealerships. Departments may choose to call the following furniture dealerships to assist them with their smaller projects that are not “capital” projects (new or renovation projects) and are under the $25,000 bid requirement. We are still available to assist you if preferred. Please call Lyn Brown at 314-935-5813 or Audrey Metz at 314-935-4812 to schedule an appointment.
All the dealerships offer a variety of products but have one main flagship furniture manufacturer as described above.
If you have furniture you are trying to match that is not listed above, or seeking to work with a vendor not listed, please call us for further directions.
New Services Order Procedure
- Once you have received a quote for a product, enter the order online in Workday as a purchase order (PO).
- The PO must match the quoted dollar amount and reference the quote number.
- The Ship to Address must clearly state the building and room number where the furniture will be installed (Not the loading dock). Otherwise, additional labor charges may be incurred due to incorrect address or time trying to locate you.
- The department will assume responsibility for confirming the accuracy of the quote with the vendor before placing an order, overseeing delivery and installation, and reporting problems to the dealer.
- All orders are final and not subject to cancellation after the PO is placed with the dealership
- Furniture is not returnable unless the vendor has made an error. They will replace it with the correct product or offer other solutions for consideration.
- In Workday, attach a copy of the quote with the PO Document Number referenced. POs will not be approved until quotes are received.
- If you are experiencing customer service problems, we need to be notified quickly and will assist with conflict resolution if terms can not be agreed on. Contact Lyn Brown at 314-935-5813.