The WUSTL Marketplace is a online electronic purchasing requisition program that offers several advantages. The ability to:
- Quickly and accurately view searchable online supplier catalogs providing product details and contract pricing.
- Have staff create and submit electronic requisitions using a “shopping cart” format.
- Submit quick and reliable order transmissions to the supplier.
- Receive email order acknowledgements from most suppliers.
- Create “favorites” for frequently ordered items.
- View the purchase history of your orders.
Follow these instructions to get started in Marketplace
- Go to marketplace.wustl.edu.
- Click the “Login to Marketplace” button.
- Log in using your WUSTL Key and password.
- Click on “Marketplace” link in the Menu box.
- Click on “Profile”. Your shopping department, phone, email address, and default delivery address appears. Update these fields as needed.
- Click on “Go To Marketplace”.
- This should bring you to the Marketplace home page.
Suggestion: You can bookmark this page, and next time you need to log in to Marketplace, you will be taken directly to the AIS sign-in page.
Marketplace Hands-on Training Sessions
These training sessions are designed for those departments and individuals not currently utilizing Marketplace. Note that class sizes are limited. Check in HRMS for the latest schedule, and registration is required.
To register, you must sign into Learn-At-Work. Once you have signed in, follow these steps:
- Log-in to Learn@Work
- Enter ‘Marketplace’ in the Search Box (top right)
- Click on ‘View Classes’ to register
Marketplace Best Practices
There is a best practice to use when creating your requisition that will include known shipping charges. Rather than create a separate line item in your requisition as a “shipping charge”, please follow these steps:
- After clicking on “Proceed to Checkout,” click on the “Shipping & Handling Charges” tab
- Click on the “edit” button below the unit price
- Select “override” from the drop-down box
- Enter the shipping amount and hit “save”
- Click the “Summary” tab to return to the PR
- You are free to create your requisition when ready
Marketplace Help Documents
Marketplace provides an online help section with hints and tips you will find useful for online ordering. You can find this section when you log into Marketplace. When you are on the “Go to Marketplace” page, look above your department box on the right, and click on “Marketplace Help.”
- Download Requisitioner User Guide – 81 pages (DOC)
- Shopper/Requisitioner Quick Reference (DOC)
- Adding a new vendor (DOC)
- Chemical Orders Quick Reference (DOC)
- Creating Account Code Favorites (DOC)
- DCM Order Quick Reference (DOC)
- DCM Approval Time, Vendor’s cut off time, Late orders, and Approved Vendors (DOC)
- Entering Non-catalog orders (DOC)
- How to identify an item as an Asset (DOC)
- RAM Orders Quick Reference (DOC)