The WUSTL Marketplace is an online electronic purchasing requisition program that offers several advantages. The ability to:
- Quickly and accurately view searchable online supplier catalogs providing product details and contract prices.
- Have staff create and submit electronic requisitions using a “shopping cart” format.
- Submit quick and reliable order transmissions to the supplier.
- Receive email order acknowledgments from most suppliers.
- Create “favorites” for frequently ordered items.
- View the purchase history of your orders.
Marketplace Best Practices
There is a best practice to use when creating your requisition that will include known shipping charges. Rather than create a separate line item in your requisition as a “shipping charge”, please follow these steps:
- After clicking on “Proceed to Checkout,” click on the “Shipping & Handling Charges” tab
- Click on the “edit” button below the unit price
- Select “override” from the drop-down box
- Enter the shipping amount and hit “save”
- Click the “Summary” tab to return to the PR
- You are free to create your requisition when ready